The ViewSonic ID2456 Touch Display and the ViewSonic UNIVERSE Metaverse Platform Won in Their Respective Categories of Higher Education and Secondary Education
BREA, CA (Feb. 02, 2023) – ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of display solution products, announces that two of its products were recognized by Tech & Learning Magazine’s Awards of Excellence: Best of 2022. The ViewSonic® ID2456 Touch Display won in the “Higher Education” category and UNIVERSE by ViewSonic™ won in the “Secondary 6-12” category.
The Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence rewards the very best products in the education technology industry from the last 12 months, selecting those that really help to aid education professionals, students and/or teachers. The winning ViewSonic products were judged based on feature sets, innovation, perceived value and ease of use, following which it was deemed to be a standout within the sector and selected as a winner.
The awards’ editorial team have said that “each year the Awards of Excellence grow to include a more diverse range of products and companies. With this being the case, judging and finding our winners becomes a tougher decision with each award. All of our judging is performed by industry experts, meaning those who have impressed and won the award should be truly proud of their achievement. Well done from all of Tech & Learning.”
“We are proud and thrilled that these two ViewSonic products were named winners in their respective categories by Tech & Learning,” said Jeff Volpe, President at ViewSonic Corp. “ViewSonic developed these products and solutions for the education market and to support in-person, distance- and hybrid learning. We will continue to lead the way with innovative, teacher-centric solutions, services and support that improve student-educator relationships. It’s exciting that the ID2456 and ViewSonic UNIVERSE solutions won their categories.”
ID2456 Touch Display
- Multifunctional 24-inch touch display with native 1080p Full HD (1920x1080) resolution
- Projected capacitive [PCAP] touch and palm rejection technologies
- Works with MPP2.0 [Microsoft Pen Protocol] active pens with 4096 pressure sensitivity for precision and accuracy
- Sleek, bezel-less design and weight of five pounds ensure transportability
- USB-C connectivity for single-cable solution; delivers 90W of power to charge other devices
- Advanced ergonomics with a built-in kickstand allows for 15–70-degree adjustment
- Compatible with Windows, Android, Chrome, and Mac OS
- An immersive 3D virtual environment
- Promote interaction and Peer Learning; Engage via open discussion or break-out groups
- Text and emojis for non-audio/vocal communications
- Spatial Audio: simulates true-to-life sound and volume according to the distance between avatars.
- For example, a classmate standing at the virtual whiteboard would sound “farther away” compared to a student avatar seated next to the user.
- Teachers can track interactivity and levels of engagement in classrooms and breakout rooms
- Can utilize existing Learning Management Systems [LMS] to schedule classes and import information and files
- Dashboard offers reporting and monitoring of attendance rates and attention measurement
Founded in California, ViewSonic is a leading global provider of visual solutions and conducts business in over 100 countries worldwide. As an innovator and visionary, ViewSonic is committed to providing comprehensive hardware and software solutions that include monitors, projectors, digital signage, ViewBoard® interactive displays, and myViewBoard® software ecosystem. With 35 years of expertise in visual displays, ViewSonic has established a strong position for delivering innovative and reliable solutions for education, enterprise, consumer, and professional markets and helping customers “See the Difference.” To find out more about ViewSonic, please visit www.viewsonic.com.
# # #
*Program, pricing, specifications, and availability are subject to change without notice.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that reflect the Company’s expectations with regard to future events. Actual events could differ significantly from those anticipated in this document. Trademark footnote: ViewSonic and the ViewSonic trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of ViewSonic Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other corporate names and trademarks stated herein are the property of their respective companies.