ViewSonic Makes Distance Learning Easy with Free myViewBoard Software and Tools for Teachers During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- May 21, 2020
• ViewSonic Professional Development (PD) team provides teachers with on-demand, online support on topics including the basics of distance learning, interactive tools, curriculum development and execution
• ViewSonic myViewBoard Clips, powered by Boclips, provides teachers with access to more than two million licensed, curated, and ad-free educational videos for interactive and engaging online lessons
• ViewSonic myViewBoard™ software available free to K-12 schools, colleges and universities during the coronavirus pandemic, as educators prepare for extended school shutdowns and expanded e-learning programs
Toronto, ON (May 20, 2020) – ViewSonic Corporation, a leading global provider of visual solutions, has announced expanded distance learning tools and resources being made available to educators during the coronavirus pandemic. As parents, students and teachers prepare for extended school shutdowns, ViewSonic is working with educators to make e-learning even more accessible, interactive and engaging.
“Remote and distance learning lessons are definitely different than inside the confines of a classroom,” said Blake Everhart, Solution Training Manager at ViewSonic Americas. “As a former teacher, I understand there’s sometimes a gap between learning the scope and sequence of the technology side that can match up with the lessons you want to teach. The ability to create and complete lessons, and how to filter through the many resources that are out there makes it tough to focus. That’s why my team and I at ViewSonic are making ourselves available to help out, and make things less overwhelming.”
One-on-One Online Support with ViewSonic Professional Development (PD) Team
ViewSonic PD teams are offering one-on-one online support for teachers on topics including curriculum development, hardware and software tools for distance learning, video creation and video conferencing for interactive lessons. The program is designed to accelerate e-learning through ideation, communication and online student engagement.
myViewBoard Clips Powered by Boclips
With the myViewBoard Clips video-assisted learning platform, educators can access more than two million licensed, ad-free educational videos that reside on a secure platform. The content has been educationally curated, free of inappropriate content to ensure students’ safety, and fit for common core standards. Specific to age level and subject matter, every video has been selected from a library of more than 150 media partners, including: TED, PBS NewsHour and Bloomberg Media, as well as teachers’ favorites such as Crash Course, Minute Earth and LearnZillion. myViewBoard Clips seamlessly integrates with myViewBoard software to allow for annotation, lecture capture, distance learning and more.
• No copyright infringement or firewall restrictions
• 30-day complimentary trial for new users
• Compatible with Windows and Android O/S
myViewBoard Distance Learning Software free to educators during coronavirus outbreak
myViewBoard software enables teachers to conduct distance learning through an open and agnostic platform, facilitating students and their learning outcomes. Easy to use, the software was designed to enable real-time collaboration through video audio conferencing, huddles and digital whiteboarding, supporting a variety of pedagogies with an emphasis on virtual classroom. Through its inclusive features, myViewBoard helps create a virtual learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
• Broadcast lessons via YouTube or Facebook with myViewBoard live stream
• Live Teacher-student interactions and video sharing
• Collaborative learning features including shared whiteboarding and instant huddle groups
• Instant saving and screen sharing for delivery of lesson slides, live annotations and cloud capture/distribution
For more information and to access ViewSonic distance learning software and resources, visit https://www.viewsonic.com/us/distance-learning
Founded in California, ViewSonic is a leading global provider of visual solutions with a presence in over 100 countries around the world. As an innovator and visionary, ViewSonic is committed to providing comprehensive hardware and software solutions that include monitors, projectors, digital signage, ViewBoard® interactive displays, and myViewBoard™ software ecosystem. With more than 30 years of expertise in visual displays, ViewSonic has established a strong position for delivering innovative and reliable solutions for education, enterprise, consumer, and professional markets and helping customers “See the Difference.” To find out more about ViewSonic, visit www.viewsonic.com.
# # #
Note to News Editors:
Senior spokespersons from ViewSonic Canada and the myViewBoard education team are available for media interviews on request.
Login and Registration Form