Environmental Policy Statement
Responsible corporate citizenship today means taking responsibility for future generations. When it comes to green computing, ViewSonic leads by example. That’s why we were the first display manufacturer to offer a full line of eco-friendly LED displays. We are committed to sustainability, not just of our business but also for our global environment. That commitment is reflected in our industry leadership promoting eco-friendly business practices and product development. We employ environmentally responsible manufacturing and build energy saving features into all of our products. As a result, we are certified compliant with all major environmental standards.
The keys to our success have always included:
- Continual improvement of our processes by monitoring technology and management practices to prevent pollution during the manufacture, storage, service, transportation, and disposal of our products throughout their life cycle
- Compliance to relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and with other regulations effecting the design and production of our products as they arise
- Establishing and reviewing environmental objectives, targets, performance evaluation procedures, and associated environmental indicators
- Minimizing any adverse environmental impacts of new product development through the use of integrated environmental management procedures and planning
- Encouraging the selection and use of environmentally qualified Suppliers and Vendors
- Documenting and maintaining this policy as changes to environmental regulations occur
- Training our employee-partners to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner
- Communicating this policy to all employee-partners, business associates and interested parties in the public sector
These guiding principles summarized as “Recycle Solid Waste and Conserve Natural Resources,” set our goals for environmental responsibility and the performance required by all our organizations. To ensure success, the Director of Customer Care, Compliance & Supply Chain Management has the executive responsibility and authority to oversee and implement this policy at all ViewSonic owned facilities in the North America region.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer