Welcome to the ViewSonic New Zealand RMA Service System
At ViewSonic, we believe in customer satisfaction and are committed to maintaining a healthy and long term relationship with every company and individual with whom we do business. We strive to understand your interests and concerns, and treat you with respect, courtesy and consideration. Now with the introduction of Online RMA service system, you can not only apply for any desired Repair / Service of ViewSonic products at the click of a button but also check the status of your repair unit in an easy and convenient way.
|ViewSonic Product Family ||AU and NZ |
|Monitors [all] ||3 Years Pickup, Repair and Return |
|Projectors [all except for M series / Laser Projectors] ||3 Years Pickup, Repair and Return [Lamp and spare parts 1 Year or 1,000 hours] |
|Projectors [Laser Projectors] ||5 Years Pickup, Repair and Return ||Projectors [M series] ||1 Year Pickup, Repair and Return |
|ViewSonic Accessories and spare parts [Battery, Power Supplies, Cables, Remotes, Projector screens, and Networking devices…etc] ||1 Year Pickup, Repair and Return |
|Commercial Displays- CDE20-series purchased after 1/6/21 ||5 Years Pickup, Repair and Return (All CDE Purchased before 1/6/21 3 years) |
|Interactive Flat Panels ||5 Years Pickup, Repair and Return |
|Slot-in-PC(for Commercial display and IFP) ||1 Year Pickup, Repair and Return |
|All product groups ||30 Days DOA Replacement except dead pixel 14 Days |
ViewSonic® Limited Warranty
ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period, which varies from product to product. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with the same model or a model of equal or greater value. Replacement products or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. As part of our comprehensive on-site warranty, ViewSonic will arrange a courier to pick up and return your item. It must be packed securely for transportation, preferably in their original packaging.
ViewSonic Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Parallel imports and products not tendered by ViewSonic Australia.
- Products on which the serial number has been modified or removed.
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, and product modification.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance such as cleaning of user-cleanable projector filters.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
Service and Warranty Disclaimer:
- ViewSonic covers DOA within 30 days except dead, bright and dark, pixels within the 14 days period, outside of this period, these are not covered.
- DOA and RMA are valid for 30 days, you must claim DOA with the reseller within 30 days. If the faulty unit is not received by ViewSonic within those 30 days, the RMA is removed from our system.
- Please nominate a day to be present for the pickup of the unit. ViewSonic can arrange a pickup from your work address, or home address to make this process easier. If no one is home or available when the courier arrives, the customer must then cover the safe return of the unit themselves.
- If a unit is received and is damaged in transit due to lack of packaging, the warranty is void. Customers who do not keep their ViewSonic original packaging must safely secure and package the item themselves. They are liable for poorly packaged items that are damaged.
- DOA units are returned to your reseller for immediate replacement. Any number of Dead Pixels warrants a replacement within the 14 days Period.
- Defective products of ViewSonic Large Format Displays are replaced within 3-5 business days (Metro) and 7-8 business days (Regional). The replacement can be delivered on-site or to the original installer.
How to get service: For information on obtaining warranty service, call your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic help Desk. You may refer to the Contact Us page. To obtain warranty service, you will be required to provide.
For DOA cases apart from above the followings are also required.
- A photo or scanned copy of the original dated sales slip. (Invoice or Proof of purchase)
- Your full name, address, email address and contact number.
- The serial number and the model number of the product.
- A description of the problem.
- A photo of the serial number/barcode on the back of your product.
- Photos of the fault or video recording (download to your cloud provider i.e., onedrive, dropbox, google drive etc send us the link)
Please note, all accessories and your original box must be returned with the unit for a warranty covered repair. For additional information or the name of the nearest ViewSonic service centre, contact your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic.
- A photo showing the defect symptom.
- A photo of the unit serial number with the bar code.
- A photo showing the condition of the original container.
If the warranty on your product has already expired:
In case your product is no longer within its warranty period, but you'd like to have it repaired, you can still contact our Call Desk or Repair Center in your country of residence, but you will be charged directly by our Repair Center on the service.
For enquiries on accessories/spare parts please either contact your local dealer or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lamp warranty is based either on the lamp usage hour or on the age of the projector unit, and depending on which ever one that expires first.
At ViewSonic we offer some of the most competitive pixel policy in the market. For detailed information please click here.
Limitation of implied warranties
There are no warranties, express or implied, which extend beyond the description contained herein including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Exclusion of damages
Viewsonic's liability is limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the product. Viewsonic shall not be liable for:
- Damage to other property caused by any defects in the product, damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, interference with business relationships, or other commercial loss, even if advised of their possibility of such damages.
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise.
- Any claim against the customer by any other party.
- Personal data. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all personal data has been backed up. As part of the repair/service procedure, viewsonic may erase all customers personal data and settings.
Limited warranty for software
The software not pre-installed is not covered within the product's warranty. Viewsonic assumes no responsibility for any software subsequently installed by the customer and any possible consequential breakdown or damage.
Viewsonic will not be responsible for loss of data on the pc under any circumstances. Customers are encouraged to back up all data on their pc before sending the pc for service.
Any software that accompanied the viewsonic product is on an "as is" basis. Viewsonic does not warrant the operation of any or all the software programs pre-loaded or added to the product.
Upgrades/accessories and out of warranty service centre
The viewsonic service center can support all upgrades, accessories and out of warranty services. The service center will assist you in, quotations, booking a job, or placing an order for upgrades.