ViewSonic Recycle+ Program
ISO Certificate | Products & Packaging | EPS Foams | Mail Back Program | Product End-of-Life Recycling Instruction
ViewSonic is committed to promote a greener and cleaner environment in which electronic products should be retired and recycled responsibly. All electronic parts and e-waste collected by our recycling partner(s) will be recycled or reused in a manner that complies with federal, state, and local law. ViewSonic avert waste and does not dispose covered devices in landfills or transfer covered devices to recycling facilities that dispose of covered devices in landfills. ViewSonic contracts with collectors and recyclers across the US and Canada that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations, utilizing e-Steward, R2/RIOS, and ISO standards in the recyclers’ operations. ViewSonic ensure we only engage with collectors and recyclers that are in good standing that does not violates laws when importing or exporting environmentally sensitive materials throughout final disposition.
ViewSonic offers convenient ways to handle your recycling needs to protect our environment in support of our ISO 14001:2004 EMS. ViewSonic provides a Mail Back Program across the US and Canada to recycle covered electronic devices. The Mail Back Program provides an effective way to retire old electronic equipment by way of recycling processes that meet the high environmental standards of the participating states.
Recyclable Products and Packaging
ViewSonic products and packaging are largely recyclable. Circuit boards, metal, and plastic from product units can be dismantled and recycled by our recycling partner(s) in United States and Canada according to Federal, State, and local authority guidelines. Cardboard, printed guides (paper), CDs, and plastic bags from our packaging can also be recycled, as well as some foam materials.
EPS Foams - Expanded Polystyrene Foams
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam is a lightweight, rigid, closed-cell insulation used as part of our packaging to firmly support our products during transit. Besides retired electronics, cardboard materials and plastic bags, the EPS foams are recyclable too! Each year, more than 50% of all EPS collected was used to make recycled-content packaging. To locate the nearest EPS recycling location in your area, simply click on the link here
ViewSonic Mail Back Program
ViewSonic supports governing laws of all participating states for proper recycle, reuse and refurbishment of retired electronics and ban of certain types of electronic waste in landfills. We have implemented a Mail Back program in United States and Canada to recycle Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs)*. For a comprehensive resource of all participating states and their legislation and local state recycling information, please click here.
ViewSonic is also proud to support a no charge Mail Back program. We partner with multi-faceted recycling and asset management companies to properly manage end-of-life unwanted electronic devices. We have thousands of locations throughout the United States and Canada to support your recycling need. To learn more about our Mail Back program or request for a prepaid shipping label, please click here. Free label will be provided via email.
If you wish to send your unwanted electronic devices to Viewsonic directly, our mailing address is 14035 Pipeline Avenue Chino, CA 91710. Be sure to mark your package “Attn: Recycling Program”
We welcome your feedback and comments. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact ViewSonic at (800) 688-6688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest and support to keep our environment clean and green!
|* A covered electronic device (CED) is a video display device with a screen greater than four inches, measured diagonally, which DTSC has identified in regulation as a device that is presumed to be hazardous waste when discarded.|
Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs) list varies from state to state. CEDs could be any or all stand alone devices such as Cathode ray tube devices, monitors, desktop monitor –LCD screens, and/or computers, laptops, Televisions, plasma TVs, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, Electronic keyboards, Digital Media Devices, portable DVD players with a screen, Digital photo frames. (This does not cover integrations where these products are built-in as a part of a larger industrial, commercial or medical equipment.)
Product End-of-Life Recycling InstructionPrintable PDF
PRODUCT TYPE: DISPLAY
The document is intended for use by recyclers to facilitate end-of-life treatment. It provides the basic disassembly instructions to remove components and materials requiring special handling treatment, as defined by EU directive 2002/96/EC,WEEE.
PRODUCT DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Most parts can be removed easily by hand. In some cases common household tools such as flat-head screw drivers may be necessary.
PRODUCT MATERIAL INFORMATION
The following substances, preparations, or components should be disposed of or recovered separately from EU WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU in compliance with Article 4 of EU Council Directive 75/442/EEC.
- Switches: ViewSonic products do not contain intentionally added Mercury.
- Backlighting Lamps: ViewSonic products do not contain intentionally added Mercury.
- Mercury: ViewSonic does not use internal batteries based on Mercury (Hg) and its compounds.
- Cadmium: ViewSonic does not use internal batteries based on Cadmium (Cd) and its compounds.
- Lead: ViewSonic does not use internal batteries based on Lead (Pb) and its compounds.
- Other: ViewSonic displays do not contain batteries.
- Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD) -> 100cm2: Product does contain an LCD greater than 100cm2.
- Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT): Product does not contain a CRT
- Plastic containing Brominated flame retardants other than in PCB / PCA: This product may contain plastic parts greater than 25 grams. Many of these parts are bromine free. Regardless, these parts are labeled (usually molded directly into the plastic) per ISO 11469.
- Capacitors with PCB’s: ViewSonic does not use capacitors with PCB
- Electrolyte capacitors (height>25mm, diameter>25mm): Electrolytic capacitors (height and/or diameter greater than 25mm) may be present in the power supply of this product.
- Refractory ceramic fibers: None
- Radio-active substances: None
- Beryllium and its compounds (including Beryllium Oxide): Beryllium may be present in electronic components as a copper beryllium alloy, which contains less than 2% beryllium. CuBe alloys may be used in various components such as connectors, switches, relays, current carrying springs, integrated circuit sockets, and RF shielding.
- Gasses - which fall under Regulation (EC) 2037/2000 and all hydrocarbons (HC): None
- Components with pressurized gas which need special attention (Pressure > 1,5bar): None
- Asbestos: None
Member States shall take the necessary measures to ensure that waste is disposed of, without endangering human health and harming the environment, in particular:
- without risk to water, air, soil and plants and animals,
- without causing a nuisance through noise or odors,
- without adversely affecting the countryside or places of special interest.