Brea, California (August 2, 2021) – ViewSonic Corp.
, a leading global provider of visual solutions, released its 2020 Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) Report
to demonstrate its commitment to push sustainability in aspects of innovation, environment, supply chains, customers, employees, and communities. The report also highlights the company’s efforts in environmental, social, and governance principles and performance in 2020, as well as activities undertaken worldwide.
With sustainability as a part of ViewSonic’s core value, the company acts in the best interests of its customers, employees, shareholders, and stakeholders by being inclusive, open, honest, and transparent in business. Listening to customers, ViewSonic constantly provides innovative visual solutions to meet their needs while working with a responsible global supply chain to deliver eco-friendly products with energy-efficient features and recyclable components to reduce their carbon footprint.
ViewSonic also cares about people. The company creates healthy and secure workplaces and provides diverse and equal opportunities for employees. Its participation in non-governmental organization activities raises socially responsible awareness and contributes to society. In addition, through years of devotion in the Education segment, ViewSonic’s advanced EdTech solutions and ecosystem help nurture teaching talents and empower students to unleash their full potential.
Throughout the social and environmental challenges in 2020, ViewSonic stayed optimistic with a belief in creating a sustainable environment. The company will continue to leverage technology as a force of good to drive innovation and foster collaboration, further making the world a better place.Highlights of ViewSonic 2020 CSR ReportSustainability Governance
- Growth since 2017: Interactive Flat Panels (IFP) grew 1,598%; projectors grew 40%, despite the market having negative growth; monitors grew 30%.
- The 1st Software Ecosystem, myViewBoard obtained over 2 million users worldwide, with over 10 distinct service applications for the Education & Enterprise segments.
Committed to the Environment
- Projectors: portable projectors have won iF awards for 3 consecutive years - 2018, 2019 & 2020.
- Monitors: developed the world’s first color blindness testing methodology in monitors with TÜV for the electronics industry.
- Large Format Displays: 100% of models include flicker-free and blue light filter functions to protect customer’s eyes.
- Software: Strategic partnerships formed with Google, Microsoft, and Intel to jointly develop solutions.
- Green Packaging: product reuse and recyclable rates are above 70%.
Responsible Supply Chain
- Made efforts to reduce carbon footprint through ECO-Office Guidelines, saving energy and minimizing greenhouse gas emissions, reducing landfill waste, and conserving water using ISO14001 to monitor our reduction plan.
- Reduced product carbon footprint in energy usage and waste from materials, production, distribution, and end-of-life management.
- In 2020, we measured the carbon footprints of 16 models.
- 100% of our products are designed to meet and exceed WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) requirements.
- 100% of selling LFD & Projector models shipped without Compact Disc (CD) wizard.
Committed to Customers
- 100% of our Tier 1 suppliers are certified with ISO9001/ ISO14001.
- 100% of our Tier 1 suppliers signed our Supplier Social Responsibility and Ethics Agreement to deepen our long-term partnerships in the value chain.
- 85.7% of our Tier 1 suppliers are certified with ISO45001: Occupational Health & Safety.
Committed to Employees & Community
- No significant fines and non-monetary sanctions related to the health and well-being features of our product.
- No case was brought through dispute resolution mechanisms.
- We value employees’ health and well-being, offering a Personal Wellness program to help to deal with everyday challenges of work, family, or other issues; and implementing fitness facilities in Taiwan.
- Organized the ColorPro Award: Kindness global event to spread positive energy to the world.
- Employee turnover remains stable below 5%.
- 88% of senior management personnel hired locally.
- Female–to-Male employee base salary ratio is 1:1.