Environmental Policy Statement
Responsible corporate citizenship today means taking responsibility for future generations. When it comes to green computing, ViewSonic leads by example. That’s why we were the first display manufacturer to offer a full line of eco-friendly LED displays. We are committed to sustainability, not just of our business but also for our global environment. That commitment is reflected in our industry leadership promoting eco-friendly business practices and product development. We employ environmentally responsible manufacturing and build energy saving features into all of our products. As a result, we are certified compliant with all major environmental standards.
The keys to our success have always included:
- Continual improvement of our processes by monitoring technology and management practices to prevent pollution during the manufacture, storage, service, transportation, and disposal of our products throughout their life cycle
- Compliance to relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and with other regulations effecting the design and production of our products as they arise
- Establishing and reviewing environmental objectives, targets, performance evaluation procedures, and associated environmental indicators
- Minimizing any adverse environmental impacts of new product development through the use of integrated environmental management procedures and planning
- Encouraging the selection and use of environmentally qualified Suppliers and Vendors
- Documenting and maintaining this policy as changes to environmental regulations occur
- Training our employee-partners to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner
- Communicating this policy to all employee-partners, business associates and interested parties in the public sector
These guiding principles summarized as “Recycle Solid Waste and Conserve Natural Resources,” set our goals for environmental responsibility and the performance required by all our organizations. To ensure success, the Director of Customer Care, Compliance & Supply Chain Management has the executive responsibility and authority to oversee and implement this policy at all ViewSonic owned facilities in the North America region.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
ViewSonic Recycle+ Program
ViewSonic is committed to promote a greener and cleaner environment in which electronic products should be retired and recycled responsibly. All electronic parts and e-waste collected by our recycling partner(s) will be recycled or reused in a manner that complies with federal, state, and local law. ViewSonic avert waste and does not dispose covered devices in landfills or transfer covered devices to recycling facilities that dispose of covered devices in landfills. ViewSonic contracts with collectors and recyclers across the US and Canada that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations, utilizing e-Steward, R2/RIOS, and ISO standards in the recyclers’ operations. ViewSonic ensure we only engage with collectors and recyclers that are in good standing that does not violates laws when importing or exporting environmentally sensitive materials throughout final disposition.
ViewSonic offers convenient ways to handle your recycling needs to protect our environment in support of our ISO 14001:2004 EMS. ViewSonic provides a Mail Back Program across the US and Canada to recycle covered electronic devices. The Mail Back Program provides an effective way to retire old electronic equipment by way of recycling processes that meet the high environmental standards of the participating states.
Recyclable Products and Packaging
ViewSonic products and packaging are largely recyclable. Circuit boards, metal, and plastic from product units can be dismantled and recycled by our recycling partner(s) in United States and Canada according to Federal, State, and local authority guidelines. Cardboard, printed guides (paper), CDs, and plastic bags from our packaging can also be recycled, as well as some foam materials.
EPS Foams - Expanded Polystyrene Foams
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam is a lightweight, rigid, closed-cell insulation used as part of our packaging to firmly support our products during transit. Besides retired electronics, cardboard materials and plastic bags, the EPS foams are recyclable too! Each year, more than 50% of all EPS collected was used to make recycled-content packaging. To locate the nearest EPS recycling location in your area, simply click on the link here
ViewSonic Mail Back Program
ViewSonic supports governing laws of all participating states for proper recycle, reuse and refurbishment of retired electronics and ban of certain types of electronic waste in landfills. We have implemented a Mail Back program in United States and Canada to recycle Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs)*. For a comprehensive resource of all participating states and their legislation and local state recycling information, please click here.
ViewSonic is also proud to support a no charge Mail Back program. We partner with multi-faceted recycling and asset management companies to properly manage end-of-life unwanted electronic devices. We have thousands of locations throughout the United States and Canada to support your recycling need. To learn more about our Mail Back program or request for a prepaid shipping label, please click here. Free label will be provided via email.
If you wish to send your unwanted electronic devices to ViewSonic directly, our mailing address is 14035 Pipeline Avenue, Chino, CA 91710. Be sure to mark your package “Attn: Recycling Program”
We welcome your feedback and comments. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact ViewSonic at (800) 688-6688 or email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest and support to keep our environment clean and green!
|* A covered electronic device (CED) is a video display device with a screen greater than four inches, measured diagonally, which DTSC has identified in regulation as a device that is presumed to be hazardous waste when discarded.|
Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs) list varies from state to state. CEDs could be any or all stand alone devices such as Cathode ray tube devices, monitors, desktop monitor –LCD screens, and/or computers, laptops, Televisions, plasma TVs, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, Electronic keyboards, Digital Media Devices, portable DVD players with a screen, Digital photo frames. (This does not cover integrations where these products are built-in as a part of a larger industrial, commercial or medical equipment.)
Product End-of-Life Recycling Instruction
The document is intended for use by recyclers to facilitate end-of-life treatment. It provides disassembly instructions to remove the special handling materials, as defined by EU directive 2012/19/EU, WEEE.
The detailed disassembly instruction can be found at our FTP site (ftp.viewsonic.com.tw).
Requirement communications and FTP access permission are via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member States shall take the necessary measures to ensure that waste is disposed of, without endangering human health and harming the environment, in particular:
- without risk to water, air, soil and plants and animals,
- without causing a nuisance through noise or odors,
- without adversely affecting the countryside or places of special interest.
For Greener Tomorrows
ViewSonic believes in responsible recycling. At end of a product life, electronic products must be disposed in accordance with local laws and requirements. Please contact ViewSonic or your local authorities for detailed information on how to recycle properly. We have provided some informative links below to help you properly recycle your electronic products according to your state's laws and requirements.
For more information on ViewSonic's Go Green initiative, please visit our Environmental Policy Statement.
Arkansas: Electronics Reuse and Recycling
California: Electronic Waste Management
Connecticut: Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Recycling
Illinois: Waste Management
Indiana: Electronic Waste
Maine: Electronic Recycling
Maryland: Electronics Recycling (eCycling)
Massachusetts: Electronics Recycling
Michigan: Michigan DEQ Recycling Directory
Minnesota: Electronic waste and recycling
Missouri: E-cycle Missouri
New Hampshire: Hazardous Waste Management Bureau
New Jersey: E-Cycle New Jersey
New York: Electronic Waste Recycling
North Carolina: Consumers Electronics Recycling Info
Oklahoma: Computer Equipment Recycling
Oregon: Oregon E-Cycles
Pennsylvania: Electronics Recycling Management Program
Rhode Island: Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Texas: Electronics Recycling
South Carolina: Electronic (E-Cycling)
Vermont: Electronic Recycling Program
Virginia: Computer and Electronics Recycling
Washington: E-Waste Management
West Virginia: E-Waste Management
Wisconsin: Electronics Recycling
Save Energy, Save money
ViewSonic helps you save energy and money while helping the environment.
ViewSonic builds energy saving features into all of our products. Here's how you can save energy and money now.
Benefits of Eco-mode
Available on LCDs and Projectors
- Save money with reduced power consumption.
- Save resources with a smaller carbon footprint.
- User-selectable Eco-mode provides 28% power savings over standard mode
- Choosing Eco-mode can extend LCD monitor life up to 1.5 times
- Using Eco-mode can extend lamp life up to 2 times more than normal mode
- 354,000 Metric Tons
- Using Eco-mode we estimate ViewSonic customers will save 354,000 metric tons of CO2 from entering the atmosphere in 2009- That's equivalent to 1.5% of the 2004 global footprint.
They use up to 60% less electricity than standard models.
- ViewSonic offers some of the lowest power usage monitors on the market
- These monitors use up to 60% less electricity than standard models
- Save up to $20 per year on energy costs per monitor. Calculate your savings today.
- The latest VX and VG models use LED lighting to reduce power consumption and hazardous materials to our landfills.
- All ViewSonic LCD TVs have energy saving features like auto-sleep
- All of our TVs are RoHS compliant
- All LCD TVs are ENERGY STAR 3.0 compliant with less than 1 watt power draw in suspend mode
- All ViewSonic projectors have energy-saving features like Eco-mode to extend lamp life and lower energy consumption
- All ViewSonic DLP® projectors are RoHS compliant.
- All our digital signage products are RoHS compliant
- All ViewSonic digital signage products use LCD technology which uses up to 40% less energy than plasma displays
ViewSonic Corporate Initiatives
Green Energy. We use 17% green energy to power our corporate headquarters. This includes:
- Small hydropower
ViewSonic employs a number of energy saving features including
- Motion activated lighting
- Zone controlled heating and cooling
What is EPEAT?
EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) is a definitive global rating system for greener electronics. EPEAT helps purchasers in the public and private sectors evaluate, compare and select electronic devices (such as desktop computers, notebooks, and monitors) based on environmental attributes. EPEAT provides a clear and consistent set of performance criteria for the design of products, and provides manufacturers the opportunity to secure market recognition for efforts to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
ViewSonic provides the following warranty extension services* to compliment eligible EPEAT certified ViewSonic product(s) (“Eligible Products”):
- Additional 3-year optional limited warranty extension service is available for purchase.
- Replacement hardware service is available for purchase within five years from end of production cycle of Eligible Product. Please note that replacement hardware will be of the same or higher quality than the original part requiring replacement.
For more information on EPEAT, visit the EPEAT website at www.EPEAT.net
*Optional Warranty is subject to additional service terms and conditions. Program and availability is subject to change without notice. Certain restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Corporate names and trademarks stated herein are the property of their respective companies. Copyright©2014 ViewSonic Corporation. All rights reserved.
ViewSonic respects the environment and encourages green living.
The increasing volume of garbage in our landfills is a worldwide problem. ViewSonic Corporation is committed with maximum effort to be a responsible corporate and community citizen that respects the environment and encourages green living.
As an ISO 14001 certified company, ViewSonic Corporation:
- Incorporates energy saving features into our products design.
- Produces easy to disassemble designs for recycling.
- Each ViewSonic product is made from plastic that can be recycled at the end of its life cycle.
- Is committed to promote green living by ensuring that its products do not end in our landfills at the end of its life cycle. ViewSonic has established a recycling program for our customers, to properly manage e-waste by partnering with state-approved local recyclers, where applicable. In addition, ViewSonic provides a 24/7 toll-free number to answer any questions our customers may have about recycling our products. We routinely audit our Authorized Repair Centers to ensure that they continually and properly process all e-waste.
- Offers a Take Back Program to our customers, Recycle+ Program to recycle our products and/or remarket old electronics and reuse the basic components to their full usage. ViewSonic only partners with consolidator/recyclers that will not dispose covered devices and recyclable packaging materials to our landfills but properly dispose e-waste in an environmentally responsible way.
- Since 2000, ViewSonic has diverted 12,838,448 pounds of waste from landfills, including non-electronic items.
ViewSonic encourages you to recycle your product using the Recycle+ Program
ViewSonic is dedicated to the conservation of the natural resource and the reduction of harmful greenhouse gases. Please find our Environmental Performance Report here.
Conflict Minerals Policy
Conflict minerals are minerals mined in conditions of armed conflict and human rights abuses, notably in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The DRC in Central Africa is one of the places facing most serious conflict in the world. The most commonly mined minerals are Cassiterite, Wolframite, Coltan and Gold, which are ores that contain Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and Gold, so called 3TG. The new sensitive mineral, Cobalt, was added in the concerned minerals from 2018.
ViewSonic, being a member of electronics industry and civil society, is committed to protecting the environment and the communities, and to operating in a socially responsible way in its LCD monitor supply chain. The actions are addressed as below,
- ViewSonic will do its best to avoid from purchasing parts, components, and materials containing 3TG and cobalt from any known conflict region.
- ViewSonic has notified its suppliers of its policy on conflict materials. ViewSonic suppliers are expected to ensure the parts, components, and materials that they supply to ViewSonic are DRC conflict-free.
- ViewSonic supports the implementation of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA, formerly the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition) and GeSI’s (Global e-Sustainability Initiative) guidelines on Conflict-Free.
Please find our Conflict Minerals Report here .
Mail Back Program
ViewSonic commits to provide clean, safe recycling to our partners as well. All electronic parts and e-waste will be properly recycled and re-used in accordance to state laws. Our goal is to provide a safe and environmentally friendly method of recycling, so no waste ever ends up in a landfill. ViewSonic will not dispose covered devices in landfills or transfer covered devices to recycling facilities that dispose of covered devices in landfills. ViewSonic contracts with collectors and recyclers that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations, utilize R2/RIOS and ISO standards in their recycling operations, and do not allow violation of laws when importing or exporting environmentally sensitive materials throughout final disposition. ViewSonic and partnered recyclers are happy to recycle, refurbish, and reuse customers' unwanted electronics by offering a Mail Back program to anyone within eligible states who would like to recycle their Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs)*, such as desktop monitors, Televisions, Computers, and other peripherals.
ViewSonic and our recycling partners collect and recover CEDs under the Mail Back program. Consumers may obtain a FREE shipping return label by filling out the form below.
Here is how the Mail Back Program works:
- A FREE Recycling Return Label may be requested here
the Label will be sent via email.
- Carefully pack your old electronic device (CED)* with adequate protection for safe shipment.
- Affix the provided shipping label, and drop it off at the nearest FedEx location.
- Find a nearest FEDEX drop off location
- If a FedEx location is not convenient, please Contact Us for further assistance.
*Covered Electronic Devices include Televisions, Desktop Monitors, Computers (desktops, laptops, notebooks, netbooks, tablets), Electronic keyboards, Digital Media Devices, and Digital Photo Frames.