What the warranty covers:
ViewSonic® Limited Warranty
(Current Production Models. U.S.A. and Canada Only)
ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement Products or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. The replacement unit will be covered by the balance of time remaining on the customer's original limited warranty. ViewSonic provides no warranty for any third-party software whether included with the product or installed by the customer, installation of any unauthorized hardware parts or components (e.g. Projector Lamps). (Please refer to: “What the warranty does not cover” section)
Download the Standard Limited Warranty summary
Download the Refurbished Limited Warranty summary
Grade of Products
ViewSonic Products are categorized as “A” “B” or “C” Grade according to the following criteria:
- Brand new, never been used products freshly received from factory in original packaging
- Packaging must be unopened (other than any cursory un-boxing/re-boxing for quality assurance inspection)
- Channel or end-user returned products that may have required repair work.
- “Like-New” screen performance.
- Follows same Pixel Policy as New product.
- No scratches on screen.
- Minor cosmetic blemishes.
- Possible minor scratches on inconspicuous housing areas.
- Possible faint scratches on high-gloss surfaces.
- Packaging in either original or generic box. Identified with a “B” on the UPC label.
- Channel or End User returned products that may have required repair work.
- May qualify due to 1 or a combination of the following reasons
- Less than optimal screen performance.
- Pixel defect may exceed standard pixel policy.
- Scratches and dents to housing (front and back covers) and bases.
- Scratches on screen. Slightly visible when image is displayed.
- Non-uniform painted surfaces.
- Missing non-functional part such as rear cable clip and cable covers.
- Packaging in either original or generic box. Identified with a “C”.
Note: Accessories may vary from each individual Refurbished SKU
Standard Warranty Period
How long the warranty is effective:
- ViewSonic Monitors carry a three (3) year limited warranty for parts, labor and LCD backlight from the purchase date. In order to receive warranty service, proof of purchase of the ViewSonic product is required. To obtain warranty service, please contact ViewSonic Customer Support.
- ViewSonic Monitors are warranted with our LCD Pixel Performance Guarantee. Through this limited warranty, you are guaranteed high-quality screen performance with no more than the following improperly operating pixels, depending on the native panel resolutions.
- Panels with resolution smaller than 3840x2160: Three (3) improperly operating pixels and no more than two (2) bright or two (2) dark pixels.
- Panels with resolution 3840x2160 or higher: Eight (8) improperly operating pixels and no more than five (5) bright or five (5) dark pixels.
- Monitor Privacy Screen Two (2) year limited warranty.
- Monitor Mount Arm and Brackets One (1) year limited warranty.
- ViewSonic Projectors (unless otherwise specified) are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor and one (1) year limited lamp warranty. Lamp warranty is subject to terms and conditions, verification and approval. Applies to manufacturer's installed lamp only. All accessory lamps purchased separately are warranted for 90 days.
- ViewSonic Desktop Virtualization Products (unless otherwise specified) are warranted for three (3) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Large Format Display (LFD) Products are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.*
- ViewSonic ViewBoard Interactive Flat Panel Display (IFP) Products are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.*
- ViewSonic Digital Kiosk and Billboard (ePoster) Products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.*
- ViewSonic Media Player Products (unless otherwise specified) are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Slot-In PC Products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Accessory Products carry limited warranties. See the product page for additional detail by model.
- All Brand New ViewSonic Products carry a thirty (30) day "Dead on Arrival" ("DOA") warranty policy for the first consumer purchaser. A new replacement unit will be provided if the Product is found to be non-operational within thirty (30) days of purchase and freight shall be covered both ways by ViewSonic.
*All 42" and larger ViewSonic Display Products will receive on-site services in the U.S. and Canada with the following exceptions:
- If the service location of the defective unit is over 40 miles outside a major metropolitan area. The customer will be responsible to ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center;
- If a defective unit is determined by the ViewSonic Technical Support staff to be a panel defect, or ViewSonic's Technician is unable to resolve the problem on-site, a replacement unit will be dispatched from ViewSonic's warehouse to the customer's ship-to location (front door deliveries only). It is customer's responsibility to pack and ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center.
Sales Outside U.S.A. and Canada
For ViewSonic products sold outside the U.S. and Canada, contact your ViewSonic dealer or your region for more warranty information and service for your country. Look up our locations here.
Effect of Local Law
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Exclusion of Damages
- Viewsonic's liability is limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the product.
- Viewsonic shall not be liable for:
- Damage to other property caused by any defects in the product.
- Damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, interference with business relationships, or other commercial loss, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise.
- Any claim against the customer by any other party.
Limitation of Implied Warranty
To the extent allowed by local law, this product is provided to you "As is" without warranties or conditions of any kind, whether oral or written, express or implied. Viewsonic specifically disclaims any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose.
This warranty is valid only for the first consumer purchaser.
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
a. Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
b. Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
c. Damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media.
d. Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
e. Any damage of the product due to shipment.
f. Removal or installation of the product.
g. Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
h. Use of supplies or parts not meeting ViewSonic's specifications.
i. Normal wear and tear.
j. Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance as stated in User Guide, such as cleaning of user-cleanable projector filters.
k. Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
l. Damage caused by static (non-moving) images displayed for lengthy periods of time (also referred to as image burn-in).
m. Software - Any third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer.
n. Hardware/Accessories/Parts/Components - Installation of any unauthorized hardware, accessories, consumable parts or components (e.g. Projector Lamps).
o. Damage to, or abuse of, the coating on the surface of the display through inappropriate cleaning as described in product User Guide.
p. The Product sold and labeled as "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" or similar disclaimer, including replacement of missing parts or accessories from those sales, or purchased through an unauthorized online seller.
q. Removal, installation, and set-up service charges, including wall-mounting of product.
Refurbished Warranty Period
- How long the warranty is effective:
- "B" Grade Product: Applicable to all ViewSonic Products (unless otherwise specified):
- Ninety (90) day limited warranty on parts and labor from the Date of Consumer Original Purchase.
- "B" Grade Product: Applicable to Large Format Displays, ViewBoard Interactive Flat Panel Displays, Digital Kiosks and Billboards (ePosters), and Slot-in PCs and Media Players:
- Thirty (30) day limited warranty on parts and labor from the Date of Consumer Original Purchase.
- "C" Grade Product: Applicable to All ViewSonic Products
- Fourteen (14) day DOA coverage from the date of shipment from ViewSonic's warehouse. No additional warranty is included beyond the fourteen (14) day DOA period.