Projection technology has long been favored by K-12 educators for its outstanding value and low total cost of ownership. Today’s projectors continue to improve upon these benefits. Among the advantages offered by projectors that can’t be matched by digital displays are:
- Lower overall cost. Projectors offer the best cost-per-screen- inch value, even factoring in the cost of replacement lamps and a projection screen. Large screen classroom LED displays are significantly more expensive.
- Image size. Projectors deliver much larger images than possible with a flat screen display.
- Viewing angle. Images stay true regardless of viewing angle.
- Space-savings. Paper-thin projector screens and a ceiling-mounted projector take up less space than a large screen display and screens can be easily retracted and stored when not in use.
- Durability. Large screen displays are breakable and permanently wall-mounted; retractable screens paired with a ceiling mounted projector are housed safely up and out of the way.
- Reduced eyestrain. Flat screen displays are typically smaller, brighter and harder on the eyes than projected images.
ViewSonic® LightStream® DLP® projectors with SuperColor™ technology build upon these benefits, delivering enhanced image quality and true-to- life color performance.