Last updated: January 1, 2020
- What information does ViewSonic.com collect and how is it used?
- How does ViewSonic.com share personal information?
- How does ViewSonic.com respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
- California Privacy Rights
- International Users
- Children’s Privacy
- Policy Changes
- Contact Us
- Appendix One: Privacy Rights of Individuals Residing in the EU
1. What information does ViewSonic.com collect and how is it used?
ViewSonic obtains the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information, such as mailing address, telephone number, email address, and shipping address
- Online identifiers such as usernames and IP addresses
- Financial account information such as bank or credit card numbers
- Commercial information such as product purchasing histories and preferences
- Network and usage data such as analytic files and log files
- Hardware and device data such as mac address, Windows version, and hardware specifications
- Employment, educational, and professional information such as resumes, CVs, and other employment data for recruitment or employment opportunities
Information You Give Us. ViewSonic obtains personal data from you in order to process any requests you may make:
- When you search for or request details on services or products from the Website, for example, registering a ViewSonic product online or entering a competition.
- When creating an account or signing up via our website, in person or via an affiliated partner.
- Other information you may provide to us in calls, emails, meetings, texts, and events.
The specific types of information collected will depend upon the services you use or subscribe to. For example, when you shop through our web store, we may collect data such as the purchases you have made, items in your shopping cart, and how often you make purchases. To process your order, we may collect your full name, email address, phone number, product serial number, home address, mobile phone number, credit card information, and shipping address.
ViewSonic might request additional information from you in other areas or in the future. You may choose not to provide this information. ViewSonic might also ask for information about your interests, or for feedback about the Website so that we can improve the Website and/or its service. Providing ViewSonic with this information is always optional.
Information We Automatically Collect. In addition to the information ViewSonic collects directly from you, we also monitor and track usage of our website, viewing and traffic patterns, customer behavior, and other similar information. This information is compiled into a statistical aggregate. This aggregate information is also used, in conjunction with your personal information, for ViewSonic’s internal business and administrative purposes including improvements to the Website, ViewSonic’s product and service offerings, our operations, or our customer service. This information may be obtained from the following sources:
- Via your individual IP location. This is a necessary function of the Website that enables ViewSonic to return details of information you have searched for, and in order for ViewSonic to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the website.
- ViewSonic uses a third-party tool, Google Analytics, to analyze traffic on the Website. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor. Google Analytics only collects aggregate data.
- During the time you are registered as active with ViewSonic, we will log and record on our secure database calls, emails, meetings, texts, events and any other relevant information.
Information Provided by Third Parties. We also obtain data from publicly available sources, service providers, governing bodies and referees. ViewSonic may combine information collected from these sources with information already in its possession. In addition to the information provided we collect & check data from third parties such as Companies House and accredited bodies.
2. How does ViewSonic.com share personal information?
From time to time, ViewSonic may sell a business or a part of a business to another person or company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing person or company.
Any non-personally identifiable communication or material you transmit to ViewSonic over this website, by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, or suggestions will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. ViewSonic may use anything you transmit or post to its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, ViewSonic is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
3. How does ViewSonic.com respond to ‘Do Not Track Signals’?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|ViewSonic||LOOPFUSE, Persistent_id_Qp3J9cqTnEJvDH, Session_Qp3J9cqTnEJvDH, _bizo_bzid,_bizo_cksm, eIFCNu6||ViewSonic uses this cookie to identify your browser and process online transactions. Session cookies help us confirm your identity and are a requirement when using this service. LoopFuse customers are persistent cookies that only ViewSonic can read and use which make it easier for you to log into the Service. Disabling the browser's ability to accept cookies will be able to brows our Site, but will be denied access to the service.||View Loopfuse Policy|
|.nohold.net||ASP.NET_SessionId, k18routename5, k18rid5, BIGipServerPOOL-184.108.40.206-80|
5. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Request for Information. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months. ViewSonic has the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information.
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(5) The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
(6) The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
(7) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number 800-688-6688 or visit this webpage https://www.viewsonic.com/us/customer-service-form
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number 800-688-6688 or visit this webpage https://www.viewsonic.com/us/customer-service-form .
Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 10 Pointe Drive, Suite 200, Brea, CA 92821.
Consumer Requests Statistics.To access statistics related to the number of requests for information, requests for deletion, and requests to opt-out that we have received, complied with, or denied, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. International Users
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States and abroad, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract). This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders, including, but not limited to, transfers from within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) to the United States. The data protections standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction. We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally, and as required by applicable law, will seek your consent prior to such transfers.
7. Children’s Privacy
ViewSonic.com is not directed at children or minors (as defined by local requirements). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors. If you become aware that a child or minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact information below. If we become aware that a child or minor has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
8. Policy Changes
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the information ViewSonic holds about you may write to ViewSonic at ViewSonic Corporation, 10 Pointe Drive, Brea, California, 92821-7620.
Appendix One: Privacy Rights of Individuals Residing in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you are an individual located in the EEA, your privacy rights may be subject to additional or different legal provisions based on the location. See ViewSonic’s Privacy Statement for that region at: https://www.viewsonic.com/eu/policy/ .