ViewSonic® Limited Warranty
(Current Production Models. U.S.A. and Canada Only)
What the warranty covers:
ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement Product or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. The replacement unit will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer's original limited warranty. ViewSonic provides no warranty for any third-party software whether included with the product or installed by the customer, installation of any unauthorized hardware parts or components (e.g. Projector Lamps). (Please refer to: “What the warranty does not cover” section)
How long the warranty is effective:
ViewSonic LCD computer display products carry a three (3) year limited warranty for parts, labor and LCD backlight. In order to receive warranty service, proof of purchase of the ViewSonic product is required. To obtain warranty service, please contact ViewSonic Customer Support.
- ViewSonic LCD computer display products carry a three (3) year limited warranty for parts, labor and LCD backlight. In order to receive warranty service, proof of purchase of the ViewSonic product is required. To obtain warranty service, please contact ViewSonic Customer Support.
- ViewSonic LCD desktop display products are warranted with our LCD Pixel Performance Guarantee. Through this limited warranty, you are guaranteed high-quality screen performance with no more than a total of three (3) improperly operating pixels and no more than two (2) bright or two (2) dark pixels.
- ViewSonic projectors are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor and one (1) year limited lamp warranty. Lamp warranty is subject to terms and conditions, verification and approval. Applies to manufacturer's installed lamp only. All accessory lamps purchased separately are warranted for 90 days.
- ViewSonic LCD TV display products are warranted for one (1) year for parts, labor and LCD backlight.
- ViewSonic PC products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Media Player (NMP) products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Slot-In PC products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic ViewPad® products are warranted for one (1) year for limited parts and labor. Learn More
- ViewSonic ePoster Products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Networking products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Commercial Display (CD) products are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic Interactive Flat Panel (IFP) products are warranted for three (3) years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.
- ViewSonic accessory products carry limited warranties. See the product page for additional detail by model.
- All brand new ViewSonic products carry a thirty (30) day “Dead on Arrival” (“DOA”) warranty policy for the first consumer purchaser. A new replacement unit will be provided if the Product is found to be non-operational within thirty (30) days of purchase and freight shall be covered both ways by ViewSonic.
- ViewSonic LFD and IFP refurbished "B" grade products, including Open Box items carry a thirty (30) day limited warranty on parts and labor from the date of shipment from ViewSonic’s warehouse.
- All other ViewSonic refurbished "B" grade products, including Open Box items carry a ninety (90) day limited warranty on parts and labor from the date of shipment from ViewSonic’s warehouse.
- All ViewSonic refurbished “C” grade products, including LFD & IFP, carry a fourteen (14) day DOA coverage from the date of shipment from ViewSonic’s warehouse. No additional warranty coverage is included after the fourteen (14) day DOA warranty period.
All 42” and larger ViewSonic Products will receive onsite services in the U.S. and Canada with the following exceptions:
- If the service location of the defective unit is over 40 miles outside a major metropolitan area. The customer will be responsible to ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center;
- If a defective unit is determined by the ViewSonic Technical Support staff to be a panel defect, or ViewSonic’s Technician is unable to resolve the problem on-site, a replacement unit will be dispatched from ViewSonic’s warehouse to customer’s ship-to location (front door deliveries only). It is customer’s responsibility to pack and ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center.
Who the warranty protects:
This warranty is valid only for the first consumer purchaser.
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
- Damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting ViewSonic's specifications.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance as stated in User Guide, such as cleaning of user-cleanable projector filters.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Damage caused by static (non-moving) images displayed for lengthy periods of time (also referred to as image burn-in.
- Software - Any third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer.
- Hardware/Accessories/Parts/Components - Installation of any unauthorized hardware, accessories, consumable parts or components (e.g. Projector Lamps).
- Damage to, or abuse of, the coating on the surface of the display through inappropriate cleaning as described in product User Guide.
How to get service:
- For information on obtaining warranty service, please visit our support center.
- Your unit must have a Returned Material Authorization number (RMA#) assigned by our Support team.
- Please be prepared to provide the below information when obtaining an RMA# for service:
- The serial number of the product.
- A copy of the dated sales slip.
- Your name.
- Email address
- Phone number.
- Your ship to address.
- A description of the problem you are experiencing.
- Security access information (user name and Password) if service is for a mobile or wireless device in order to access the device and perform warranty service.
Limitation of implied warranties:
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of damages:
VIEWSONIC'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT.
VIEWSONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT,
- DAMAGES BASED UPON INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE.
- ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE CUSTOMER BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
Effect of local law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Sales outside the U.S.A. and Canada:
For ViewSonic products sold outside the U.S. and Canada, contact your ViewSonic dealer or your region for more warranty information and service for your country. Look up our locations here.